Version 10 Private Beta (Download Below)
Version 10.0 is in Private Beta is only available to Subscribers. Version 10.0 is a major update to the tool. It included numerous improvements and speed updates. The entire simulation engine has been redesigned to allow for easier integration of future features.
Key Enhancements include:
- Improved Graphics and Graphs
- Includes Wage Growth
- Uses real investment returns and allows custom allocation of pre and post retirement investments
- Sequence Risk Calculation (with dividends)
- Over 3x speed improvement
- Added Social Security calculations
- Added return to mean option (experimental)
We would appreciate any feedback or comments on this version so we can improve on this.
- Three times Improvement in simulation speed due to reduced calculations with new format.
Note: Make sure only the Retirement Simulator worksheet is open in Excel. Other open worksheets will slow down the simulation
- Revised Monte Carlo Model and cleaned up single year modelling.
- Separate Simulation Model from Simulation output to allow easier feature additions.
- Social Security Option for both Spouses, with survivor benefits with lookup table (fixed Spousal calculations based on age 67 benefits).
- % Stock, Bond, Cash lookup for Retirement Portfolio with selection of number of years of historic data for calculation mean and standard deviation of portfolio returns.
- Option for % investment fees deducted from investment returns each year, default 0.25%.
- Reset to default for options page.
- Return to Mean Functionality for all investment returns. Min/Max RTM banding. RTM feature is still in development use with caution.
- Updated Sequence Risk returns with Dividend Yields
Bug Fixes and Corrections
- General formatting and color scheme revisions
- Fixed investment growth in retirement year (double counted in pre and post retire value), fixed income growth for 1st investment year was not calculating (net washes out but more accurate)