Version 10 is now Available!
We would appreciate any feedback or comments on this version so we can improve on this.
Sign Up Today!
Version 10 Revision List
- Three times Improvement in simulation speed due to reduced calculations with new format.
Note: Make sure only the Retirement Simulator worksheet is open in Excel. Other open worksheets will slow down the simulation
- Significant Monte Carlo model improvement for ease of use, speed, and improved architecture for new features.
- Cleaned up single year modelling.
- Separate simulation model from simulation output to allow easier feature additions.
- Social Security Option for both Spouses, with survivor benefits with lookup table (fixed Spousal calculations based on age 67 benefits).
- % Stock, Bond, Cash lookup for Retirement Portfolio with selection of number of years of historic data for calculation mean and standard deviation of portfolio returns.
- Option for % investment fees deducted from investment returns each year, default 0.25%.
- Reset to default for options page.
- Return to Mean Functionality for all investment returns. Min/Max RTM banding. RTM feature is still in development use with caution.
- Updated Sequence Risk returns with Dividend Yields
Bug Fixes and Corrections
- General formatting and color scheme revisions
- Fixed investment growth in retirement year (double counted in pre and post retire value), fixed income growth for 1st investment year was not calculating (net washes out but more accurate)
Retirement Monte Carlo Simulator Rev 8
The link to download the Retirement Monte Carlo Simulator is below. The following are some posts that describe how we have used the tool in our own FI/RE journey. It is not exactly a tutorial but you can see how we have used the tool.
Download Version 8.0D1
If you download the tool and find it useful or have any questions please leave a comment below. You can also send a message under the Contact Us page at top. Our plan is to continue to add features for our own FI/RE planning but would love to hear what features others may find useful.
Sign Up Today!
Version 8.0D1 (9/11/18)
- Pre Retirement investment growth was fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table
- Post retirement return was same values as Pre-Retire, also fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table lookup
- This is roughly about 50/50 stock/bond performance using 50 year history data.
- Add user input for market performance on investment table
Version 9.0 Private Beta – Sign Up Today!
Version 9.0 is in Private Beta and may not be available on the public download page. Version 9.0 includes additional features such as the Retirement Saving Histogram and includes an option for wage growth above inflation. It also includes a warning before running with an estimate time as well as much improved VBA code.
We also made some significant updates to version 9.0 of the simulation tool including speed improvement of 40% over Version 8.0. If you have already received the link to Version 9.0, that link should still work. Contact us if you need a new link.
We are also working on a major upgrade to Version 10 which has a revamped simulation engine, Social Security option, and speed improvements of another 25%.
Revisions for Version 9.0 E
- NEW 9E: Added Sequence Risk Option
- Added wage growth in options
- Adjust annual savings for inflation and wage growth
- Adjust income need for wage growth (already had inflation), assume wage increase allow some income inflations based on savings rate
- Added probability of success initial savings would meet 4% SWR
- Added Initial Warning for simulation run time
- Added simulation progress status
- Changed sheet over to Reference Names and updated VBA
- Improved simulation data sheet with general cleanup
- Improved speed of simulation macro
- Added countif to count number of lives that match EOL for more accurate probability. Old method overestimate success by a small amount. Adjusted for number of runs vs. fixed to 1000
- NEW 9E: Pre Retirement investment growth was fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table
- NEW 9E: Post retirement return was same values as Pre-Retire, also fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table lookup
If you have not Subscribed to the website, Subscribe below now and we will send you the link to the Private Beta version.