A new update for the retirement simulator has been posted to the website. More advanced features added to our private Beta version that is available free to subscribers.
A bug was found in Version 8 where the investment performance was fixed to 9.5% (with a standard deviation of 8.9%) for both pre and post retirement. This was roughly about 50/50 stock/bond performance (50 year history). Changing the investment mix on the input page did not change the actual performance simulated. This has been fixed. We also added two user values on the investment table so you can enter your own performance mix.
Version 8.0 Rev D1 Public Version
Version 9.0 Rev E Private Beta
Version 9.0 is in Private Beta and may not be available on the public download page. Version 9.0 includes additional features such as the Retirement Saving Histogram and includes an option for wage growth above inflation. It also includes a warning before running with an estimate time as well as much improved VBA code.
We also made some significant updates to version 9.0 of the simulation tool including speed improvement of 40% over Version 8.0. If you have already received the link to Version 9.0, that link should still work. Contact us if you need a new link.
We also fixed the bug as in Version 8 where the investment performance was fixed to 9.5% (with a standard deviation of 8.9%). Changing the investment mix on the input page did not change the actual performance simulated.
Sequence Risk Now Included in Version 9E
A major update to revision 9E is the option to consider sequence risk in the first ten years of retirement. It is based on the analysis we did in our latest blog post on sequence risk.
If you have not Subscribed to the website, Subscribe below now and we will send you the link to the Private Beta version.
Sign Up Today!
Revisions for Version 9.0E
- NEW 9E: Added Sequence Risk Option
- Added wage growth in options
- Adjust annual savings for inflation and wage growth
- Adjust income need for wage growth (already had inflation), assume wage increase allow some income inflations based on savings rate
- Added probability of success initial savings would meet 4% SWR
- Added Initial Warning for simulation run time
- Added simulation progress status
- Changed sheet over to Reference Names and updated VBA
- Improved simulation data sheet with general cleanup
- Improved speed of simulation macro
- Added countif to count number of lives that match EOL for more accurate probability. Old method overestimate success by a small amount. Adjusted for number of runs vs. fixed to 1000
- NEW 9E: Pre Retirement investment growth was fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table
- NEW 9E: Post retirement return was same values as Pre-Retire, also fixed at 9.5% (8.9 SD) corrected to update based on table lookup
Major Update to Version 10 Coming Soon!
We are also working on a major upgrade to Version 10 which has a revamped simulation engine to allow easier expansion, Social Security option, and speed improvements of another 25%.
This will only be available to subscribers so sign up today.